Saturday, October 18, 2008

Blog Post #6

My interest in chemistry from a young age finds myself currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry at National University of Singapore. In my college days, I was offered to participate in the Chemistry Olympiad programme in recognition of my results in the subject.

Besides striving for excellence in my studies, I cultivate my non-academic skills through various activities. Being a president of the Computer Club in my secondary school and vice-chairperson of the Mathematical Society in my junior college had honed my leadership skills and cultivated my interpersonal skills.

My responsible nature has brought about my school teachers’ trust in me when I was assigned various posts such as class monitor and subject representative during my pre-undergraduate days.

6 comments:

ES2007_ZN said...

Your biodata has successfully delivered useful information about you to the readers. Each paragraph clearly shows one of your aspects (academic, non-academic and personality) I believe you will be a good teacher in future.

NangAye said...

Yes I agree with Zhengning. You have mentioned your interests, strength and skills clearly. Your language is very good and the words that you used clearly delivered your personality to the readers.

MJ said...

Can see that you are very focused on your pursue to become a teacher!

Your message was brought up clearly. It'll be nice if i can see what you really did during the days where you 'honed your leadership qualities'. =)

Yepp sure, will show you the cover letter too!

Joo Soon said...

Hi

I also feel that your biodata has clearly highlight the main information regarding you as each paragraphs clearly indicates your academic, extra-curricular activity and also interest and personal development.

Furthermore, your achievements as highlighted by you also provides evidence for the skills that you have acquired. Thus I feel that your biodata provides quite a convincing display.

hanbin said...

It is a very nice and well-developed biodata. From academic studies to acctivities and to what personality brings about, it attracts readers' attentions all the time.
It seems that third paragraph is unfinished. You talked about what your responsible nature havs brought about before university. Maybe you would like to say more things about your responsible nature?

grace kim said...

Thanks, Sheen Yee, for the informative and concise biodata. As your classmates have mentioned, you have indeed managed to touch on your academic and non-academic skills as well as given us an insight into your character.

However, I will have to disagree with your friends as far as vocabulary and sentence structure are concerned. For example, the first sentence, "My interest in chemistry ...finds myself currently ..." can be better rephrased to something like "My interest in Chemistry has led me to pursue a ..." In the second sentence, instead of "offered" you should use "offered the chance to participate" or "selected to participate". Likewise, you need to rephrase the sentence of the last paragraph.